Classes weekly overview
We are finally OPEN and have done everything we can (and more) to make it as safe as possible for you, our staff and all our dancers visiting the dance studio in Southampton.
Tracie’s Latin Club is the BEST place to learn to dance and we can’t wait to welcome you and get you started.
Dancing at TLC is not just about learning steps, we have a super dance community, for fun, for friendships, for confidence, for inner joy, for health & fitness and much more.
But don’t just take our word for it – please check the raving reviews which are genuine emails we receive without any prompt.
Our FAB dance school in Southampton is Covid Secure, hosting superb dance classes at all levels in various styles of dance. If you are a nervous Absolute Beginner or a confident Advanced dancer, we have something for everyone in all of the following dance styles!
Our NEW format of classes also caters for solo dancers and those with partners (strictly from the same household or support bubble) – so only at TLC will you get this much choice and of course the ‘TLC’ experience! Below is an overview of our super class timetable at the TLC Studio. Select a style of dance which interests you, or if you don’t know which style to choose, what to wear or have other questions please see the FAQs page.
We also have gift vouchers available for any of the classes run by TLC – which is a super gift for your loved ones.
Please click the style you like, book and join us soon – we can’t wait to see you.
- Ballroom & Latin (run by TLC)
- Solo Classes: 6.30 – 7.45pm (9 dance pods available)
- Partner Classes: 8.00 – 9.15pm (5 larger dance pods available)
- Argentine Tango (run by TLC)
- Solo Classes: 7.00 – 8.00pm (10 dance pods available)
- Partner Classes: 8.15 – 9.45pm (6 larger dance pods available)
- Salsa (run by Salsa Southampton)
- 7.00 – 8.00pm: Solo Cha Cha Cha class for Improvers & separately for Beginners
- 8.15 – 9.15pm: Solo Salsa classes for L2/3
- 9.30 – 10.30pm: Partner Salsa classes for L4/5 (On1)
- Salsa & Bachata (run by Salsa Southampton)
- 7.00 – 8.00pm: Bachata L2 partner & solo class with Gareth & Tracie
- 8.15 – 9.15pm: Solo Salsa classes for L4/L5 (On1)
- 9.30 – 10.30pm: Partner Salsa classes for L3/L4
- Salsa (run by Salsa Southampton)
- 7.00 – 8.00pm: Bachata Beginners 4 week course for solos & those with partners
- 8.15 – 9.15pm: Salsa Beginners 4 week course for partners & separately for L2
- 9.30 – 10.30pm: Alternating: On2 Salsa partner classes & the other week On2 Solo Salsa
Argentine Tango (to distinguish it from Ballroom Tango) originated in Buenos Aires and has many various styles to reflect the different flavours of music. There is the intensity of the traditional Tango, the playful Milonga, the lyrical Vals, the moody Modern or the cheeky Chacarera. We love teaching and dancing all styles at TLC in our large socially distanced dance pods with a 2m buffer zone so that you will each have your own line of dance – or La Ronda.
If you love Strictly and the different styles of partner dances then this is the place for you. At TLC we mainly teach the favourite Ballroom dances in 2 or 3 week blocks so you really connect with the music and the flavour of each dance. In our socially distanced dance pods, with an extra 2m buffer zone, we can teach Latin Cha Cha, Rumba, Jive, Samba, Charleston, Ballroom Waltz & American Smooth dances, plus the occasional class in Paso Doble, Ballroom Tango, Viennese Waltz.
Salsa is a lively and exciting style of music and dance which typifies popular culture throughout Latin America. It is a fusion of traditional dances and music from Cuba and Puerto Rico with the jazz influence of New York. The various dance styles of Salsa typically include turn patterns with a partner. Salsa Southampton mainly focus on the ‘cross body’ style in classes, although they also offer some additional classes in other salsa styles e.g. Cuban, Cha Cha & Pachanga, and there is a very healthy ‘Cuban Rueda’ scene in Southampton.
Bachata originated from the Dominican Republic and has evolved to have different music and styles as it has spread throughout the world. Salsa Southampton teach both the ‘Moderno’ style, which typically borrows & adapts some of the salsa style turn patterns, as well as the ‘Sensual’ style, which has beautiful fluid body movements.
Kizomba started in Angola and uses very recognisable traditional African rhythms mixed with more contemporary influences, such as R&B. The dance has evolved into a funky urban version of Tango, mainly danced in close hold, but very relaxed. These classes have not yet resumed during Covid-19.