Measures to keep you safe
Measures to keep you safe at the TLC dance school in Southampton
We would like to assure you that we want to keep things as safe as possible for you, our staff and all our dancers, and therefore we would like to keep a few measures in place as a temporary measure while we transition into normality.
We have been deliberating how to open for quite some time and believe a ‘test to enter’ is the best and fairest policy to mitigate the risk.
In order to attend, you will need to provide:
- Take a lateral flow or PCR test within the last 2 days; (e.g. if you want to dance both Wednesday and Thursday nights, your LFT test taken on Wednesday will be valid for Thursday)
- Either show the negative result via text on your phone when you arrive or bring the actual test stick with you, which will be then thrown in the bin;
- Wash / sanitise your hands on arrival, as many times during the evening as necessary and as you leave;
- Bring your own water / drinks;
In addition to this, we are taking the following measures:
- bookings will be taken in advance so we can limit numbers in classes
- partners can stay together if they wish
- using breaks in classes to encourage the frequent use of hand sanitisers / washing hands
- providing good ventilation.
- (masks can be worn but no longer mandatory)
Couples who do not want to change can stay fixed during the entire evening. Solo dancers can dance together and also with the teachers.
You can obtain Covid test packs from your local pharmacy for free (They come in boxes of 7 test kits). You can then report your test result on the Government website here
The system will send you an email and a text message of your result and you can show this at the door when you arrive at TLC.
Alternatively you bring in the actual test stick with you (preferably in a plastic bag) and verify the negative result. The stick will be thrown in the bin.
We really appreciate everyone working together with us on this so that we can be as safe for as long as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us at TLC.
Please do NOT join us if you :
- are suffering from possible Covid symptoms (see below)
- have had contact with someone who has had Covid in the last 14 days
- are isolating with Covid, or shielding someone with Covid
- should be in quarantine having returned from a designated high risk area
Please do not attend if you have any of the following symptoms:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)