Ballroom / Salsa / Bachata ONLINE Dance Classes
Welcome to our online dance classes – where no partners are required!
If you are not be able to dance at the studio, and prefer to learn at home, we have designed a way for you to get your dancing fix.
Weekly Ballroom & Latin Zoom classes in collaboration with The Joy Club
They have expanded their membership to anyone who is retired or semi-retired, regardless of age. Follow this link for information. It’s free for a month’s trial and they have sooooo many options for members to take classes of all descriptions at home.
Weekly SALSA subscriptions of pre-recorded videos for Improvers & Advanced Salsa dancers
If you prefer to learn Salsa (& there’s a bit of Bachata & Cha Cha too) in your own time, at your own pace with the facility of rewinding as many times as you like (or fast forward!), then subscribe to a fantastic weekly subscription of pre-recorded classes either for Improvers or for Advanced dancers via SalsaSouthampton. Beginners have their own course – see the SalsaSouthampton website
Both Improvers & Advanced levels have a set of 4 videos released every Friday, where you can learn Salsa footwork, body movement, technique, musicality, some Cha Cha & Bachata etc etc so that you are ready to rumble when you want to return to the dance floor!!
The weekly subscription costs £8 (£5 NUS) and can be cancelled at any time.
The expert tuition will give you top tips in how to improve your dancing, while maintaining a fun approach.
These videos are recorded in HD so you can view them on a big screen TV – and huge thanks to Rob Havill for helping to make these videos.
Alternatively, if you have loved ones with a birthday, or an anniversary coming up, then why not give them the gift of dance?
You can purchase any of the classes by following the links below.
BEGINNERS SALSA ONLINE CLASSES
If you want to start learning Salsa in 6 easy lessons – where the first one is FREE – then click here to get started on the Salsa Southampton website
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER FOR ALL ONLINE CLASSES
As we cannot be with you in person, please ensure you use your common sense and remember:
- when performing any dance class or exercise without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. If in doubt please consult your doctor that this form of exercise is suitable;
- It is your responsibility to make your own risk assessment of the area you are dancing in, so completely clear a safe space in which to move, avoiding trips, slips and falls – including objects from tables, from the floor & be careful of low hanging lamp shades etc etc!
- to wear suitable footwear to be able to pivot on your own floor surface (ie no rubber soled shoes, flip flops, sandals etc);
- to ensure you are on a suitable smooth surface floor in order to pivot; such as tiles, laminate or real wood;
- we would ask you to avoid dancing on carpet, but if you do, try a pair of leather soled shoes, or limit the amount of pivoting you do, to avoid damaging your knees;
- to ensure there are no distractions from children or pets and that you have suitable hydration at all times;
- do not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with. If in doubt, please consult a medical expert before participating;
- by participating in these classes you are agreeing to waive any and all liability to TLC and its employees for any injury or harm.
- Before you begin, it is vital that you warm up before and cool down after any exercise session.
- If something hurts stop immediately! These movements should not cause pain or discomfort. Every ‘body’ is different, and you should work within your limitations.
- Please take things at your own pace. As this is an online activity, you can pause, stop, and restart whenever you need to. You may also modify exercises so that they do not push the extremes of your capabilities.